Using a copywriter to get your ethical message heard
Published: 27th Jan 2010 in Ethical Business
Its always good to hear from fellow businesses and organisations interested in raising the profile of positive and ethical work. Recently we came into contact with Rob Morley from Fountain Partnership, a copywriting business, who do just that. Having similar values when it comes to doing business responsibly we invited Fountain to share the benefits of professional copywriting services here on our blog.
Over to you Rob…
Using a copywriter to get your ethical message heard and acted upon
When it comes to writing the text for your website or promotional material, the chances are your natural instinct is to write it yourself. After all, it’s your organisation and you know what you want to say.
The question is, do you know what people want to read?
Copywriting is the art of using proven principles from psychology and marketing to engage with the reader and persuade them to take action.
With a website, on average, you have 5-10 seconds to connect with a reader and keep them engaged. The title you use and the way you write will determine whether the reader stays or goes.
With flyers, you need to get the reader’s attention and make your message relevant to them, before persuading them to take it on board.
Whatever you’re writing, the words you use will determine whether you get your message heard or not.
So, if you’re investing in a new website or promotional material, it’s worth considering a copywriter to ensure you get a great return on your investment. And, perhaps more importantly, to ensure people are aware of your cause.
Want to know more? Here are some of the benefits of using a copywriter:
- Your words will connect with the reader straight away – making them want to read on.
- The benefits of your product or service are clear, with the reader actually imagining what life would be like if they used it.
- Sales and leads are generated by the reader being persuaded to take action.
- The value of your product and service is clearly demonstrated
- Your organisation will come across as trustworthy and credible
- You can rest easy, knowing that a professional has combed the text for grammar and spelling
- Your copy will flow and be a joy to read
- Your online text will be full of keywords for SEO (search engine optimisation) but not read like a shopping list.
- A Copywriter is an objective eye, able to present your organisation in a way that will appeal to potential clients
Get your message heard – talk to a professional copywriter!